It is back to school for Whit and I! As teachers, we like to start our year off with a white smile. We want to look and feel confident in front of our co-workers, students, and their parents and whitening our teeth helps us feel our best.
Let’s be honest, no one gets overly excited about the teeth-whitening process, but SMILE BRILLIANT made this process pretty smooth and easy for me. I’m giving you the 4-1-1 on my experience with teeth-whitening. Of course I will include some tips I learned along the way to make your experience even smoother than my own.
10 Steps to Whiter Teeth:
- Use the molding clay to create molds to match your teeth exactly and send them in the prepaid envelope.
- Get excited to see your customized, personalized Smile Brilliant teeth trays come in the mail!
- Brush your teeth with only water.
- Squirt a small ribbon of whitening gel inside the bottom of your teeth molds (both top and bottom).
- Insert the molds into your mouth and wait 45 minutes (to start). You can increase the time after the first couple of treatments.
- Take out the molds and rinse them with cool water.
- Brush your teeth with toothpaste.
- Squirt a small ribbon of the desensitizing gel inside the bottom of your teeth molds (both top and bottom).
- Insert the molds into your mouth and wait 20-30 minutes.
- Take out molds and rinse them with cool water. Do NOT rinse out your mouth, let the gel sit on your teeth and gums (all night if possible).
7 Tips for Successful Whitening:
- Do your whitening at nights after eating and drinking. This gives the desensitizing gel time to sit on your teeth and gums to prevent tooth sensitivity.
- Avoid food and drink after whitening (just go to bed and sleep afterward).
- Try to be as consistent as possible with whitening. It usually takes people 7-11 treatments to get their desired results… aka a bright white smile!
- If your gums get sensitive (like mine), rub coconut oil or Vaseline on gums before inserting the whitening trays.
- Make sure the trays are dried out before putting the desensitizing gel into them (I used a blow dryer and the coolest setting to help speed up this process).
- Set a timer on your phone to make sure you take out the whitening trays at the correct time.
- Read a book, work on the computer, watch a movie, do some cleaning, laundry, etc. to help the time go by quickly.
I hope this helps with your future whitening adventures! Comment below for tips and tricks you find that help with the whitening process!
The Polished Pearls Sister– Shalese
*This product was given to me at no charge to try. These opinions and tips are from my own experience.