Permanent cosmetics has always been something that has interested me and also terrified me. I feel like anytime you hear permanent cosmetics you think of a solid black eyebrow tattoo or dark red lips. Permanent/semi-permanent cosmetics have come a long way. Taby Davila Castro is an amazing certified SofTap Permanent Makeup Technician and has mastered this art. She works out of Studio K Salon located in Orem, Utah on State Street. She is a friendly, genuine, outgoing professional that makes you feel at ease and comfortable about getting semi-permanent cosmetics done. Taby was extremely thorough in answering questions and addressing the concerns I had. She walked me step-by-step through the process which helped calm my nerves.
Now, I am going to walk you through my experience in case you are feeling the same way I was; interested, nervous and scared. Check out our Facebook Live video to watch some of this procedure.
Taby uses a technique called SofTap. The major differences between SofTap and Micro-blading are: Micro-blading lasts 6-12 months whereas SofTap lasts normally 3-5 years. Touch ups are recommended every 1-2 years. SofTap is not as intrusive on the skin but still creates the same 3-D hair stroke look.
My eyebrows took a little under two hours to complete. During this time these are the steps Taby accomplished:
- She penetrated my skin with a prong (this felt similar to getting your eyebrows plucked).
- She numbed my brows with a topical anisthetic gel called Magic.
- She started applying SofTap pigment (this pigment is made of all natural minerals).
- She applied strokes for a base.
- She applied more strokes to make the shape permanent.
- She finished by accomplishing all the detail work.
Throughout the process, Taby was very precise. She consistently gave me a mirror and asked me how I liked the shape and size of my brows. She was open about listening to my feedback, making sure it looked just right for me.
Here are some of the questions I had previous to my appointment that Taby answered for me.
- Is this a tattoo? Similar, but this procedure is completed with an instrument by hand, where no machines are used. The pigment only penetrates the top few layers of the skin, lasting 3-5 years; whereas a tattoo lasts forever.
- Do you shave my eyebrow off? No, I work with your natural eyebrow line to enhance your natural beauty.
- How much does it cost? $350 and a six week touch up is included in that cost. If I do your permanent makeup then any other touch-ups in the future are half of the initial cost.
- How long does it last? Normally 3-5 years
- How often should I get touch-ups? Every 1-2 years
- How long does it take to heal? 7-10 days
- What steps do I take in the healing process? Make sure and use the ointment I give you every 2-3 hours to keep them hydrated and moist. Also, drink lots of water.
- Can I wear makeup through the healing process? Yes, just not anywhere on the pigment.
- Does the pigment look exactly like it does on the first day getting it done? No, throughout the 7-10 day healing process it will lighten about 40 percent.
- Can I take Ibuprofen before the procedure for pain? No, you do not want to take any medication that will thin your blood.
- Does it hurt? People say it feels similar to getting your eyebrows plucked. (I felt it hurt even less)
- Do you do anything other than eyebrows? Yes, I do eyebrows, eyeliner, lip liner, full lips, and beauty marks.
If you have other questions, please feel free to comment below and we will get those answered for you.
*Thank you Taby Davila Castro, I could not be more pleased with my results! I can’t wait to save money and time on my makeup throughout these years thanks to you!
If you are interested in any SofTap permanent cosmetic procedures feel free to contact Taby or myself. Also, keep a look out for a GIVEAWAY for a free SofTap procedure of your choice, coming soon!
Checkout some photos of some clients Tabby has done permanent makeup on.
Facebook Account: P.C. by Taby or Taby Davila Castro
Instagram Account: pc_by_taby
Contact Taby to book your free consultation today!